Background

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mission Accomplished


Wicked weeds. Don't let those tiny purple and yellow flowers fool you. These are the spring weeds of the Wild West. Look closely and you'll see the inch long spikes that are waiting to sink into your delicate skin. And these are everywhere. Including in our garden. Sigh. 
The section of ground pictured above was today's project.  Mission Garden: remove the weeds.

We pulled. 

We dug. 

We were rewarded for our efforts. 
Since it rained only two days ago, the ground was still soft enough to pull these mean weeds out from the roots.

It is so satisfying to see progress. I am so proud of my girls and I for working hard and clearing this section of garden.  My kids and I are making memories while working together, which is the real success here. But a nice clear spot of ground is a nice bonus. Whew!  May this land bear fruit abundantly in the coming months.

Want to see a before and after? I love a good before and after, and this time I remembered to take pictures.

Before:
After:
Believe it or not, it took us a good half hour to 45 minutes to do this small section. I guess their little, weak hands coupled with my big, weak hands, that's what it takes. :)

We're slowly making progress.  


7 comments:

  1. I love your writing, Lani. You must have felt very accomplished. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, Lily and Amara look like they were working very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lani, what a treat to find your blog! Excited to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THE BEFORE AND AFTER!! A job well done!! YEEHAW!!!!! Proud of you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Tami, Maria, and Bobbie (aka mom) for your comments! We love to have visitors to our blog, and we LOVE getting comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girls might just inspire me into dressing a bit more fancy while I garden. They are so very cute and stylish. And hard workers too--weeding is never an easy job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pogonip, thank you for your comment. I must say that my girls have a style all their own. They have been dressing themselves since they were toddlers, taking much thought and care as to what to wear, and their outfits often make me smile. Can you imagine a princess gardening in anything less? I'm glad these princesses will work by my side. They truly are so precious.

    ReplyDelete