Background

Friday, January 9, 2015

Free Book, A Little Garden Calendar

I ran across a free book today called "A Little Garden Calendar for Boys and Girls," and when I sat down to read it, I couldn't stop.  It's a wonderful educational read that brings you into the lives of two young children who learn how to garden year round from the master gardener.  The book was written in 1905 and was presented as "a way of entertainment, to illuminate fact with fancy, to follow as it were the path of knowledge through the garden of imagination."


If you like to garden with your children, if you're new to gardening, or if you've enjoyed gardening all your life, you will find this book an entertaining, yet fascinating read all at the same time.  As was stated in the introduction to this book,
"Knowledge begins with wonder."
And I hope I've piqued your wonder and caused you to want to read it.  If so, I have good news!  You can click below and dive into your own garden of imagination.  Cozy up with a fuzzy blanket and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment