Background

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Planting Bulbs and First Snowflakes

Baby, it's cold outside!
Although we have not gotten our first snowstorm yet, it is cold enough that we have got our first snowflakes this morning.  

I was laying in bed, listening to the household waking up, when I heard my kids opening the blinds.  It was the announcement of, "It's snowing!" at 7:30 this morning that sparked my memory that we have some bulbs that need to get into the ground before winter hits. 

After breakfast, we bundled up and braved the freezing temperatures.
 I grabbed a shovel and dug into the ground, and my kids followed behind with the bulbs. 
After we covered the bulbs up with dirt, we decided to catch a snowflake. 
I wish my camera I had with me could have taken a better picture. The snowflakes are really beautifully formed and perfect for picture taking.

We were only out there for maybe 15 minutes, but it was enough time to get our noses running and freeze our faces, fingers, and toes.  Buckle up folks!  Here comes the cold!


No comments:

Post a Comment